Since 1 July 2013 Swisscom customers have been able to use any SIM card in their mobile phone.
To check the status of your iPhone, simply send an SMS with the keyword UNLOCK to the number 444.This applies only to devices purchased through Swisscom or our partners, or replaced in the course of a Swisscom repair.
The procedure over the air:
If you have a SIM card from a carrier other than Swisscom, follow these steps:
- Eject your SIM card and insert the new SIM card.
- Complete the setup process.
The procedure through iTunes:
- Connect your phone with your PC/Mac
- Make a backup of the contents of your iPhone
- Delete the contents of your iPhone
- Follow all the steps of the Configuration Assistant and install your backup to restore your iPhone.
- Swisscom does not guarantee that an unlocked iPhone will work perfectly with a SIM card from a different mobile phone provider. Before you unlock your iPhone find out from your new provider what services are provided for iPhone (Internet access, MMS, Visual Voicemail, tethering, etc.).
- Any limitations resulting from using a SIM card from a different provider are not classified as device faults and are not therefore covered by the Swisscom guarantee.
For further information please visit Apple Support.
Manage your personal data, subscriptions and bills on your own.
The worry-free service for your computer.