16 March 2004
· Presence in ten European countries: Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, United Kingdom.
· 2,000 locations consisting mainly of hotels and conference centres but also including airports, railway stations, fitness centres, restaurants and golf courses have selected Swisscom Eurospot for the provisioning of top quality broadband Internet access for business customers.
· Swisscom Eurospot's network of locations mainly comprises major hotel chains such as Hilton, NH Hotels, Holiday Inn, Moevenpick and Kempinski, as well as airports such as Berlin-Tegel, Brussels and Munich.
· Of the 2,000 locations opting for an exclusive partnership with Swisscom Eurospot, 750 are now operational and account for more than 9,000 Wifi access points. This makes Swisscom Eurospot one of the largest Wifi operators in Europe.
· In addition to the hotspots operated by Swisscom Eurospot itself, roaming agreements concluded with other major Wifi operators such as Telia Homerun, Swisscom Mobile and Telia Sonera provide Swisscom Eurospot subscribers with access at a further 1,120 locations.
· Swisscom Eurospot has also concluded wholesale agreements with service providers such as debitel and O2 in Germany, SFR in France and global aggregators such as iPass and GRIC, thereby providing millions of potential users with access to a vast network.
This extensive rollout combined with an intensive and targeted marketing campaign has resulted in an average of 2,000 connections per day - a figure that is constantly increasing. To cater for users' needs, a customer support service is now being offered to business travellers in six languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian and Spanish).
In 2003, Swisscom Eurospot has also acted as a consolidator in the field of mobile broadband Internet access by integrating assets from five start-up companies in various European countries. Swisscom Eurospot CEO Frédéric Gastaldo:"2003 was Swisscom Eurospot's start-up year, and 2004 will see us bring even more value-added services such as billing per data volume to the business traveller community. This service will allow users to remain constantly online at no extra charge. This way Swisscom Eurospot will contribute even further to the promotion of high-speed Internet access for professionals on the move."
Swisscom Eurospot will be a guest of HRS at the CeBIT in Hanover (Hall 6, Stand A 52)
Geneva, 16 March 2004