You need a replacement SIM card if:
- Your SIM card is defective or was stolen.
- Your SIM card is obsolete and must be replaced (this applies to all cards that were issued before 2002).
- Your new phone requires a new MICRO SIM card or a new NANO SIM card.
You can obtain a replacement card from any Swisscom Shop. Ask the Shop staff to assist you with transferring the contacts from your old card / your old device to your new card / your new device.
Ordering your replacement in the Swisscom Customer Center
Ordering your replacement by telephone
You can also order your new SIM card by calling freephone number.
Text START SIM to 444 from your old SIM card to activate your new SIM card. Afterward you can insert the new SIM card in the phone and use it.
Simple instructions for transferring your contacts
- First copy the contacts from your old SIM card to your mobile phone.
- Then activate your new SIM card (see above).
- Insert the new SIM card into your mobile phone and copy the contacts from the device to the new SIM card.
Unlimited mobile devices
To transfer your contacts use the SMS client in the Unlimited Data Manager (UDM) or Unlimited Connection Manager (UCM). If your Connection Manager does not support SMS, you can insert the replacement card in a mobile phone and send the text via the mobile phone. Your current SIM card will be deactivated and the new one activated. Now install the new replacement card on the device.