- You need a Swisscom Internet Box in order to use the Internet Box App. Other routers like Centro Grande are not supported.
- Check that you are connected to the Internet Box WLAN.
- Re-install the Internet Box App.
- Re-start your Internet Box.
- If this still doesn't work, press RESET on your Internet Box (button on the back of the Internet Box).
ATTENTION: First back up any settings in the Internet Box web portal (http://internetbox).
- Check that your admin password contains only permissible characters.
- Set up a new password by selecting "Set new password" in the log in window.
Certain functions such as e.g. settings on the Internet Box or the telephone function are only available when your smart phone is connected to the Internet Box WLAN.
The central storage function (only with Internet Box plus) and the myStrom function are also available outside the home over the mobile data network.
- Select the telephone symbol on the App start screen.
- Then go to “More” on the menu.
- Activate "Do not disturb", so that incoming calls will no longer be shown in the App. Your landline telephone will not be affected. This reduces power consumption especially with Android smart phones. Outgoing calls can still easily be made using the App.
- For the initial set up, select the telephone symbol on the start screen.
- Log in with your Internet Box admin password.
- Once you have successfully logged in, the telephone function is set up and the telephone symbol is blue.
- You can register up to 10 Apps to the same landline number.
- You have to be connected to the Internet Box WLAN at home in order to be able to use the function.
- The App must be open in the background in order to receive incoming landline calls.
- First check that your Internet Box App is up to date.
- Then make sure that the telephony function is enabled.
- Select the App settings at the top left of the start screen to do so.
- Enable the telephony function by logging in with your Internet Box admin password.
- Once you have successfully logged in, the function is set up and should be visible on the start screen.
- View and manage landline call listings
- Manage the Internet Box central address book
- Set call tones for the App
- Transfer smart phone contacts to the landline telephone.
- Select "Telephone book" on the App start screen.
- Your smart phone contacts can be transferred to your IP landline phone at the touch of a button using “Export contacts to Internet Box”.
- A maximum of 250 contacts can be transferred.
- You need to be at home and connected to the Internet Box WLAN in order to use the telephony function.
- You also need a Swisscom Internet subscription which includes IP landline telephony.
- If the telephony function is also unavailable in your home network, disable the function in the App settings (top left on the start screen) and re-activate it to set it up again.
Only the internal numbers of DECT telephones are listed on the landline telephone. The Internet Box App uses WLAN to communicate with the Internet Box and for technical reasons its number is therefore not displayed.
The internal number of the Internet Box App can however be set up by entering it manually. The internal number of the App can be found in the telephone function under “More” on the menu.
The internet speed is basically the speed that your internet connection permits. This makes it necessary to distinguish between the speed included in your chosen Swisscom internet subscription, and that which is technically possible with your internet connection. Both factors can influence the actual internet speed.
The WLAN speed indicates the maximum data transfer rate between your smart phone and the Internet Box using WLAN.
If the WLAN speed is higher than the internet speed, the latter will be decisive and may be a "bottleneck" limiting your surfing speed. The internet speed can only slightly be improved. Check under https://www.swisscom.ch/en/residential/checker.html to see whether your internet connection allows for speeds higher than those included in your current Swisscom subscription.
If the WLAN speed is less than the internet speed, your WLAN will determine your surfing speed. The WLAN speed can be optimised in several ways, such as shortening the distance from your Internet Box or putting it in a new position.
- Ensure that you are connected to the Internet Box WLAN so that you can set up the switch.
- Check that the switch is actually connected to the Internet Box (LED shines white) and verify your Internet connection.