Since 1 July 2013 Swisscom customers have been able to use any SIM card in their mobile phone.
The procedure over the air:
If you have a SIM card from a carrier other than Swisscom, follow these steps:
- Eject your SIM card and insert the new SIM card.
- Complete the setup process.
The procedure through iTunes:
- Connect your phone with your PC/Mac
- Make sure that your PC/Mac is connected to the internet
- Make a backup of the contents of your iPhone
- Delete the contents of your iPhone
- Follow all the steps of the Configuration Assistant and install your backup to restore your iPhone.
- Swisscom does not guarantee that an unlocked iPhone will work perfectly with a SIM card from a different mobile phone provider. Before you unlock your iPhone find out from your new provider what services are provided for iPhone (Internet access, MMS, Visual Voicemail, tethering, etc.).
- Any limitations resulting from using a SIM card from a different provider are not classified as device faults and are not therefore covered by the Swisscom guarantee.
For further information please visit Apple Support.