How much does it cost to switch to fibre-optic?
The switch to fibre-optic is basically free. Swisscom or its partner provide the following services:
- the connection of the building and the apartment to the fibre-optic network
- the installation of a new fibre-optic socket in the apartment by an electrician
- the provision of a new Internet Box (Router) to operate services on the fibre-optic network
Under what circumstances should I expect additional costs for switching to fibre-optic?
The additional costs which you may incur include those for:
- the adaptation of existing telephone sockets in the apartment
- electrical work required to switch from ISDN to fibre-optic
- adapting the internal cabling for Ethernet
- new connection kits, new telephones or other new devices
- In a detached house, when the new fibre-optic socket is to be installed not in the central connection box in the cellar, as standard, but in another room (e.g. the lounge).