To ensure the best possible transmission of the Swisscom TV signals you have to position your Swisscom TV box in the right location. If you adhere to our safety information, you will also increase its life cycle.
Position your router and the Swisscom TV box(es) as follows for optimal transmission
- Position both devices as close to each other as possible.
- If possible, connect the Swisscom TV box and your DSL router over Ethernet (a thin white or grey cable which is supplied as standard).
- If possible, do not use a wireless connection kit (Ruckus Wireless) between the DSL router and the first box, but only between the DSL modem and additional boxes.
- Transmission quality will deteriorate increasingly the more walls and floors are between the router and the box.
Increase the lifespan of your Swisscom TV box
- Do not cover any ventilation openings.
- Ensure the box is positioned at least 5 cm away from all other devices and/or walls.
- Do not place the Swisscom TV box in an upright position, near heat sources, in direct sunlight or near electronic devices that could cause magnetic interference.
- Do not place any object on top of the box, in particular no containers filled with liquids such as vases or bottles.
- Do not use the Swisscom TV box outdoors.
- Ensure all cables are routed safely and avoid trip hazards. Pay attention to the plugs and sockets on the device and on the wall.
- Disconnect the device from the mains during a thunderstorm or if you are not going to use it for an extended period of time.