To ensure the best possible transmission of the Swisscom TV signals you have to position your Swisscom TV-Box in the right location. If you adhere to our safety information, you will also increase its life cycle.
Position your router and the Swisscom TV-Box(es) as follows for optimal transmission
- Position both devices as close to each other as possible.
- If possible, connect the Swisscom TV-Box and your DSL router over Ethernet (a thin white or grey cable which is supplied as standard).
- If possible, do not use a wireless connection kit (Ruckus Wireless) between the DSL router and the first TV-Box, but only between the DSL modem and additional TV-Boxes.
- Transmission quality will deteriorate increasingly the more walls and floors are between the router and the TV-Box.
Increase the lifespan of your Swisscom TV-Box
- Do not cover any ventilation openings.
- Ensure the box is positioned at least 5 cm away from all other devices and/or walls.
- Do not place the Swisscom TV-Box in an upright position, near heat sources, in direct sunlight or near electronic devices that could cause magnetic interference.
- Do not place any object on top of the TV-Box, in particular no containers filled with liquids such as vases or bottles.
- Do not use the Swisscom TV-Box outdoors.
- Ensure all cables are routed safely and avoid trip hazards. Pay attention to the plugs and sockets on the device and on the wall.
- Disconnect the device from the mains during a thunderstorm or if you are not going to use it for an extended period of time.