You need to change the Wi-Fi password of the Wi-Fi booster in order to ensure that your Wi-Fi is secure. Follow these two steps:
Access the Wi-Fi booster settings and then change the password.
How to access advanced parameters of the WLAN-Booster
How to change WLAN parameters
- Enter http://192.168.1.1 into the address field on your computer's browser
- Enter your Internet Box administrator's password (use your current password or click on "new registration or forgotten password?", in order to start the password retrieval process and generation a new password)
- Once you are logged on, click "Network" on the menu, and then "List of devices"
- Search for "Wi-Fi booster" and note its IP address
- Enter this IP address into the address field on your computer's browser
- If you are prompted to do so, enter the following registration details: user name: admin / password: admin
- You now have access to all the Wi-Fi booster settings. A page now appears which looks like this:
- On the right hand side, select the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi tab. Now change the password ("WPA-PSK key") and click on "Apply"
- Now select the 5 GHz Wi-Fi tab and change the password. To complete the process, click "Apply"
Please note! Once you have changed the password, you may have to connect again with the Wi-Fi booster!