You need a replacement SIM if:
- Your SIM is defective or was stolen.
- Your SIM is obsolete and must be replaced (this applies to all SIM that were issued before 2002).
- Your new phone requires a new MICRO SIM or a new NANO SIM.
You can obtain a replacement SIM from any Swisscom Shop. Ask the Shop staff to assist you with transferring the contacts from your old SIM / your old device to your new SIM / your new device.
Ordering your replacement in the Swisscom Customer Center
Ordering your replacement by telephone
Activate your SIM
Text START SIM to 444 from your old SIM to activate your new SIM . Afterward you can insert the new SIM in the phone and use it.
Simple instructions for transferring your contacts
- First copy the contacts from your old SIM to your mobile phone.
- Then activate your new SIM (see above).
- Insert the new SIM into your mobile phone and copy the contacts from the device to the new SIM.
Information for iPhone/iPad
Android or Windows Mobile Phone
Unlimited mobile devices
To transfer your contacts use the SMS client in the Unlimited Data Manager (UDM) or Unlimited Connection Manager (UCM). If your Connection Manager does not support SMS, you can insert the replacement SIM in a mobile phone and send the text via the mobile phone. Your current SIM will be deactivated and the new one activated. Now install the new replacement SIM on the device.